CBSE designates knowledgeable technology professionals in the field of biometric security. This program is designed for those who wish to gain a solid understanding of biometric technologies and apply concepts and design principles to improve logical and physical access control in identity management systems. Ideal candidates for this program include security architects, security engineers, information assurance consultants, program managers, and other individuals with experience and expertise in information security-related domains.
- Introduction to authentication and authorization
- Fundamentals of biometric technologies
- Analysis of system performance
- Privacy concerns
- Risk analysis of biometric based systems
- Biometrics, PKI and smartcard integration
- Biometric standards
- Case study led discussion of biometric applications
- Achieving compliance (HIPAA, SOX, etc.) using biometrics
- Hands-on activities with commercially-off-the-shelf products
- CBSP and 2 years of technical experience with a focus on information security.