“To ensure your success in this course, you should have:
Intermediate knowledge of information security concepts, including but not limited to identity and access management (IAM), cryptographic concepts and implementations, computer networking concepts and implementations, and common security technologies.
Practical experience in securing various computing environments, including small to medium businesses, as well as enterprise environments.
After completing this course, you will be able to plan, conduct, analyze, and report on penetration tests, including the ability to…
- Plan and scope penetration tests
- Conduct passive reconnaissance
- Perform non-technical tests to gather information
- Conductive active reconnaissance
- Analyze vulnerabilities
- Penetrate networks
- Exploit host-based vulnerabilities
- Test applications Complete post-exploit tasks
- Analyze and report pen test results
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- HS Diploma/GED
Number of Questions: 85 questions
Type of Questions: Multiple-choice and performance-based
Length of Test: 165Minutes
Passing Score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience. While there is no required prerequisite, PenTest+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.